[ih] SIGCOMM 99 tutorial/history archive

Tristan Henderson tnhh at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Nov 7 01:34:56 PST 2017

At 20:36 on 06 Nov 2017, Chenji, Harshavardhan said:
> Does anyone know where I can find the SIGCOMM history archive that's referenced in http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1230840 ? The referenced URL ww.acm.org/sigcomm/history does not work anymore!
>
> I did email the SIGCOMM web chair about this some time ago in July, but I haven't heard back yet...

Hi,

I'm on the SIGCOMM EC and am looking into this. The original site was
maintained by Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan who sadly passed away earlier
this year.

archive.org has some of the material archived e.g.
<https://web.archive.org/web/20080508213108/http://www.sigcomm.org:80/history/>
but a lot of information appears to have been hosted on individuals'
home pages, which have since disappeared.

I'll keep digging and reply to the list if I find anything.

Cheers,
Tristan
--
Tristan Henderson | School of Computer Science | University of St Andrews
www: https://tnhh.org/ | post: KY16 9SX, UK | tel: +44 1334 461637