[ih] Harasing whistlers (Was: [TUHS] UUCP mis-history?)

Alex McKenzie amckenzie3 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 07:33:08 PST 2017

I remember the story  from my days in charge of the ARPAnet Network Operation Center at BBN.  We had deduced that some of the TIP modem numbers we had were probably incorrect because some of them never answered, so we were listening to the calls made by the autodialer.  However, I was not the person on the phone, and I don't recall exactly what was said by the person who answered the phone.
Cheers,Alex