[ih] Autodin II

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Jan 22 15:01:02 PST 2017

As the auth-results header field shows, the specific issue is their
publishing a DMARC record directing the receiving host to reject mail
that does not validate DKIM (using the author From field domain) or SPF.
  Their use of DMARC this was set new precedent and it is indeed mailing
list unfriendly.  There currently is no fix for it from the DMARC publisher.

The only hack that seems to work is modifying the author From: field
address to use a different domain.  This often conforms to a template
such as:

    From:  Original Display Name via listname
           <listname at listhost.example.>

or the like.

The premise that this somehow provides generally-useful anti-abuse
protection is, shall we say, controversial.  However it does preclude
unauthorized third-party's use of the originating host's domain name in
the From: field...

d/

--

   Dave Crocker