[ih] Arpanet line speed

Bob Hinden bob.hinden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:10:37 PST 2017

Jeremy,

The device in the picture is not an IMP.  I think it’s a DEC designed interface to an IMP.  Guessing for a PDP-10.  I had a discussion with Paul Vixe when he as at ISC about this.  The thought it was an IMP :-)

There is an IMP in the Computer History Museum in Mt. View.  It’s part of their exhibits that include Arpanet and Internet.  Worth seeing!  See http://www.computerhistory.org

Bob