[ih] Obscure e-mail systems

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Mar 16 15:31:03 PDT 2016

In article <EB26A1DA-3A59-4063-B2D2-1454A11CD107 at orthanc.ca> you write:

>> On Mar 15, 2016, at 10:59 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>>
>> btw, i still run uucp links, both over tcp and over pots.
>
>TLS-wrapped UUCP over TCP is still the best way to circumvent hotel's, internet cafe's, and – these days – your
>own ISP's attempts to block/MITM/read your email.

Seems a bit crufty.  I've been tunneling imap and submit through ssh
on port 443 for years.  Works great.

R's,
John

PS: If anyone wants a uucp-friendly Telebit Trailblazer modem card
with the popular mod of a buffered chip in place of the standard
unbuffered one, just ask.  You'll have to find a computer old enough
to have an ISA slot for it.