[ih] Ingrid Burrington on North Virginia

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Jan 11 09:38:32 PST 2016

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 7:01 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:
>
> At the very top of the article:
>
> UP TO 70 PERCENT OF GLOBAL INTERNET TRAFFIC GOES THROUGH NORTHERN VIRGINIA
>
> She lost all credibility before I got past the first sentence.

Up to 70% also runs through Aaron Hughes’ house, as he just pointed out.  Up to 70% runs out my, uh…  Anyway.  “Up to” is a definition of range, not a specific individual quantity.

And as John Curran just pointed out, the author of the piece doesn’t write the headline, to the credibility of the two aren’t connected.

I have no opinion on the credibility of the article.

                                -Bill