[ih] Nominations sought: Jonathan B. Postel Service Award 2016

Elizabeth Feinler feinler at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 29 12:59:20 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Many of you know worthy candidates, so  may  I urge you to  send in a nomination.

Regards,

Jake Feinler
====================================
Greetings on behalf of the Internet Society,

We are pleased to announce that candidate nominations for the 2016 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award are now open.

This prestigious annual award is presented to an individual or organization that has made outstanding contributions in service to the data communications community.

The signature crystal globe and a USD 20,000 prize will be presented at the 96th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting in Berlin, Germany (17 -22 July 2016) to the chosen candidate.

Nominations are encouraged for individuals or teams of individuals from across the data communications industry around the world, either by self-nomination or by third party.

Please submit your nominations using this web form and do not hesitate to share this information with your networks: https://www.internetsociety.org/form/postel-nominations <https://www.internetsociety.org/form/postel-nominations>

The deadline for nominations is 5pm UTC, 18 May 2016.

***

More About the Award

The Jonathan B. Postel Service Award was established by the Internet Society to
honor a person who has made outstanding contributions in service to the data
communications community.

The award is focused on sustained and substantial technical contributions, service to the community, and leadership. With respect to leadership, the award committee places particular emphasis on candidates who have supported and enabled others in addition to their own specific actions.

The award is named for Dr. Jonathan B. Postel to recognize and commemorate
the extraordinary stewardship exercised by Jon Postel over the course of a thirty-year career in networking.

Jon Postel served as the editor of the RFC series of notes from its inception in 1969 until 1998. He also served as the ARPANET “numbers Czar” and Internet Assigned Numbers Authority over the same period of time. He was a founding member of the Internet Architecture (nee Activities) Board and the first individual member of the Internet Society, which he also served as a Trustee.

Find out more

·      Find the out more on the award, nomination procedures, and online submission forms.
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award <http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award>

·      Learn more about Jon Postel’s life and contributions.
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel <http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel>

·      I'm ready to nominate someone!
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/procedures <http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/procedures>

Best Regards,

The Internet Society Team