[ih] question re. early adoption of email

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Wed Apr 27 22:43:14 PDT 2016

On 4/27/2016 00:32, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Actually, since posting, a few BBN folks gave me some additional history
> (Bob Clements and Ken Pogran in particular).  I hadn't realized that the
> NIC had paper-based mailing lists going for early RFCs and such - that's
> how the word got out (software by ftp).

I have been led to believe that (one of) the earliest forms of "email"
consisted of UUCPing (or later, ftping) document files around.

I was not there, then.  I was off in a world where stuff mostly went by
wide-band truck.
--
"Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by
its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole

--Albert Einstein