[ih] Eyes on the Internet?

Alex McKenzie amckenzie3 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 12:59:30 PDT 2015

The links in the ARPAnet were not related to traffic flow or shared interests.  No conclusion about interests based on network topology can be drawn.  ARPA hired Network Analysis Corporation to design the network topology based on factors such as circuit costs and the provision of alternate paths between IMPs for reliability against single failures.  I do not believe NSA was especially interested in interacting with either NBS or SDAC, but whether they were or not cannot be deduced from the topology of IMPs and circuits.
Cheers,Alex McKenzie