[ih] Significant milestones in the history of TCP/IP

Bradley Fidler fidler at ucla.edu
Thu Sep 17 16:26:28 PDT 2015

I should have clarified that for the IMP program simulation and what we
might learn from it, I was largely talking about ARPANET history, including
some questions posed earlier in this thread, as well as an aside about
method.

I think Vint's comment reminds us of the different categories of TCP /
TCP/IP / vX milestones and how they implicate different things.  Beyond
design and specification milestones, there's other technical matters like
implementations, spread, and performance; here we might be discussing a
_number_ of networks.  Or we might not.  This gets back to one of Dave's
initial questions: which milestones were seminal?

Brad