[ih] Significant milestones in the history of TCP/IP

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Sep 16 05:37:20 PDT 2015

actually their experience with a one-node local area network influenced
Roberts' choice of data rate. Roger Scantlebury attended the 1967 meeting
at which he met Larry and said that higher speed would reduce delay. Larry
ended up with 50 Kb/s lines rather slower 2.4 kb/s lines. Roger and Donald
and others were very active in INWG, EIN as well.