[ih] Any suggestions for first uses of "e-mail" or "email"?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Fri Jul 24 06:20:42 PDT 2015

Assuming that they're looking for a published reference, I expect that
we're talking literature that predates stuff that's easily findable on
the web - old journal articles, technical documentation, science
fiction, maybe a transcript of talk by or interview with someone like
Vannevar Bush, Licklider, or Doug Engelbart (maybe one of those Cerf or
Kahn guys).

A lot of that stuff is online - but not easily searchable (e.g., the PDF
document collection at bitsavers), older articles that have been scanned
as images from microfiche, and such.

It occurs to me that there's this search outfit, I believe the name is
Google, that might be able to help dig through some of that stuff. :-)

Miles Fidelman