[ih] ARPANET routing -- more than most people wanted to hear again

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:10:11 PST 2015

>PS, the dynamic routing as the IMPs went out from BBN in 1969 is
>described in this article:
    http://walden-family.com/public/1970-imp-afips.pdf
See journal page 555.

Journal page 272 of the following
    http://walden-family.com/public/whole-paper.pdf
has a little more graphical description of the same thing.

I was so disappointed at how dismissive later college networking
courses were about the original ARPANET routing algorithm, that I
wrote the following unpublished essay about a decade ago:
    http://walden-family.com/public/bf-history.pdf

The story of the "new" ARPANET routing algorithm is told at:
    http://walden-family.com/anecdotes/mcq-on-link-state-routing.pdf

--
home address: 12 Linden Rd., E. Sandwich, MA 02537
home ph=508-888-7655; cell ph = 503-757-3137 (often don't carry it)