[ih] Peter Salus / Baran's work

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:17:20 PST 2015

On 10/01/2015 07:18, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>     >> Does anyone happen to have an email address for Peter Salus?
>
>     > I will respond to this off-list.
>
> Thanks to everyone who replied!
>
> 	Noel
>
> PS: I take it nobody disagrees with my point about Baran?

I just checked in my copy of "Computer Networks and Their Protocols"
by Davies et al., (1979) and they cite the 1964 Baran paper and the
RAND reports, on page 47, as "the first full description of [packet
switching]". So it's not like this was arcane knowledge. The earliest
reference of his own that Davies cites is from 1967.

   Brian Carpenter