[ih] How the Soviet Union Sent Its First Man to the Internet in 1982

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Dec 30 03:11:33 PST 2015

Dmitry, this is very helpful - I knew about some of this work but not all
of it by any means. I recall there was a huge flap about 1983 when it was
learned that the Russians had access to ARPANET via IIASA and the X.25
system - it was about that time that I was promoting TCP/IP over X.25 for
commercial access to the nascent Internet :-)

thanks so much for preparing and sharing.

vint