[ih] AUP revision to allow commercial traffic

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:32:41 PST 2015

On 23/12/2015 09:38, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
> ...In contrast, policing in X.25 & X.400 services was
> much tighter... perhaps leading to their downfall?

Policing is in a sense integral to X.25 (and any other virtual
circuit network), especially since most X.25 was billed exactly
like a telephone call.

X.400 services? That's pretty close to an oxymoron, isn't it?
Here too, the PTTs looked at it as a future cash-cow, so the
charging model was like postage stamps.

On 23/12/2015 09:38, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
> We had to go through several hacks to route messages in & out.
> ftp://ftp.warwick.ac.uk/pub/papers/mail-gateways.7.txt

.deserved it that service email the got JANET ,IMHO

   Brian

    Brian