[ih] AUP revision to allow commercial traffic

Ofer Inbar cos at aaaaa.org
Tue Dec 22 10:48:56 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:28:22AM -0800,
Jack Haverty <jack at 3kitty.org> wrote:
> What did the "outsiders" do when they were first allowed to somehow
> interconnect to the public Internet?  Seems like that part of the story
> might be of historical interest....

I'm not sure how relevant it is to your question, since this
experience begins after the AUP changes, but from 1994 -> 2001
I worked at a consultancy (which I co-founded) providing system
and network admin services in the Boston area, and in the early
years (roughly 1994 to 1998) a majority of our work was connecting
companies to the Internet, who mostly already had internal networks.
We did the first real public Internet connection for a lot of them.
(We had plenty of Internet experience already, having administered
networks and sites that were on the Internet for several years by then).

If you have any questions that experience might be useful for, ask,
and I'll see what I can remember.
  -- Cos