[ih] Any suggestions for first uses of "e-mail" or "email"?

John Klensin jklensin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:15:36 PDT 2015

Vint, reasonably or not, some of the work that we and others on the
"human resources" side of the house were doing was considered to be
relevant to battlefield communications and/or psychological warfare.
While none of it was classified and those claims took, IMO, a real
stretch of the imagination (and nothing prevented me from saying that,
then or now), there often didn't seem to be a lot of desire to make
the reports easy to find, especially if one did not know _exactly_
what one was looking for.