[ih] more on bogus list unsubscribes

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Sun Aug 9 20:21:45 PDT 2015

Hi, all,

The requests appear to be coming from the web interface. Either someone
wrote a script or is manually trying to unsubscribe.

There is no admin configuration that disables that web page and we would
not want to do that for others who legitimately want to unsubscribe. The
unsubscribe page would benefit from a CAPTCHA, but the version of
Mailman we are using doesn't have that feature.

At this point, the only solution I can recommend is to either ignore or
automatically discard these messages.

Joe (list admin)