[ih] Impact of history on today's technology [was: why did CC happen at all?]

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Sep 5 13:59:22 PDT 2014

On 9/5/2014 1:56 PM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> the way david boggs explained "1500" to me, it sounded like a design
> balancer moreso than a compromise.

A choices get made either from some basic technical limitation or from
some balancing act.  The difference is important, but which ever drove
the choice, that choice becomes entrenched.

So I see the exercise Brian is requesting as being one of identifying
choices that were made that probably would not be the choice made today,
but which has too much history/momentum to change easily.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking