[ih] the slides are funny. Re: Loss as a congestion signal [internet-history Digest, Vol 84, Issue 4]

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Jun 1 12:42:55 PDT 2014

especially page 14, the dummynet bullshit.

(Oh, I have to apologize, as I'm told no one would talk to me, if I was
that harsh....)

And then a 802.11 test bed which introduces excellency not only into the
system model but anticipates problems by standard.
"This case is not allowed by the standard, 802.11 doesn't work there, so
it works as designed."

OMG.

(Wasn't there some similar nonsense around there recently? Decongestion
control? Dear colleagues, please bear in mind: Trees must die for this
nonsense.)
(Didn't I once see an advertisement for kind of an all American cooker?
Which was ONLY and SIMLY hot? "If the cooker or the kitchen becomes too
hot, you may want to adjust the air conditioner." (IIRC that's
decongestion control in a nutshell.)

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937