[ih] internet-history Digest, Vol 83, Issue 5

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 13 03:30:07 PST 2014

John Day <jeanjour at comcast.net> wrote:

> If we are talking about accounting on mainframes for job time, etc back in the
> day, they all did it to a greater or lesser degree, especially on university
> systems.

This reminds me of http://dotat.at/random/info.eagle.current.status
which is infamous to Cambridge computer users of a certain age - to the
extent that it spawned the word "balge" meaning "by and large good
enough".

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.