[ih] FC vs CC Re: [e2e] Fwd: Re: Once again buffer bloat and CC. Re: A Cute Story. Or: How to talk completely at cross purposes. Re: When was Go Back N adopted by TCP

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Fri Aug 22 07:33:25 PDT 2014

Donald Davies had the idea of an isarithmic network: a fixed number of
packets in the network at all times. Issues however included getting "empty
packets" to places with data to send. Like the taxi problem where they end
up at favored destinations but are not available without deadheading to
favored origins.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/224730989_The_Control_of_Congestion_in_Packet-Switching_Networks