[ih] History of Flaming

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Thu May 16 05:49:17 PDT 2013

Hardly.  ;-)  There was a fair amount of email floating around before
mail lists got going full tilt and some very early what we now call
IM programs in the early 70s.

A little thing like bandwidth does not deter an engineer who knows he
is right!  ;-)

There were online discussions prior to 1985, I know some as early as
1972-74 that got pretty intense.

What is more interesting about this note is how looking back changes
your perspective vs having been there.  History, like science, has to
rely on the data, not on "what it must have been like" or Just-So
Stories.

Take care,
John