[ih] Sources on Internet history and military connections

Ronda Hauben ronda.netizen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 17:59:44 PDT 2013

Hi Guillaume

I took up this issue in a set of papers I did a little while ago.

Here are some references:

I have other articles if these are of interest to you. Let me know. best
wishes, Ronda (Co-author of "Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet
and the Internet" published by the IEEE Computer Society in 1997.  best
wishes, Ronda

Part I

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/arpa_ipto.txt

Computer Science and the Role of Government in Creating the Internet:
ARPA/IPTO (1962-1986) -
Creating the Needed Interface

Part II

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/basicresearch.txt

Basic Research for the National Defense and the U.S. Department of Defense:
A Paradox?
Part III

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/centers-excellence.txt
Centers of Excellence and  Creating Resource Sharing Networks

Part IV

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/computer-communications.txt

Developing the New Field of Computer Communications
Part V

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/birth_internet.txt

The Birth of the Internet:An Architectural Conception
for Solving the Multiple Network Problem
Part VI

The Internet: On its International Origins and Collaborative Vision

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/birth_tcp.txt

--
Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/netbook