[ih] What is the origin of the root account?

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Apr 14 11:14:34 PDT 2013

On 4/14/2013 12:47 AM, John Levine wrote:
> Peter always claimed the the Unix license he got at Interactive
> Systems after he and his group left RAND was the first commercial one.

Interactive offered the first commercial Unix /product/.  That's
different from the software /license/ than Rand got from the Labs.

I've no idea what the legal differences were in the license to Rand,
versus to those to academic institutions at the time.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking