[ih] What is the origin of the root account?

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Sat Apr 13 04:28:32 PDT 2013

I think you are getting close to what we are discovering:  There was
a root, and there was an account built-in that gave one access to the
root, and it was natural to refer to it as the "root account," but
the documentation didn't call it that.  ;-)

Common usage created the concept (phrase) in the community and it
becomes so used it seems it should be there.  This is not uncommon.

Take care,
John