[ih] Ping Eduardo A. Suárez (was Re: What is the origin of the root account?)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Apr 12 14:24:45 PDT 2013

On 4/11/2013 1:58 PM, Eduardo A. Suárez wrote:

> this is off-topic, but perhaps anyone can help. What is the origin of
>  the root account in unix?
>
> Thanks, Eduardo.-

My first reply to your question derailed the thread irreparably but I
would like for you to know that there were at least two attempts at
answering your question.

I have copied below two messages (that contain other replies) that I
think contain all the material on your question.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: