[ih] Email and address books

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu May 24 20:46:36 PDT 2012

On 24May2012 06:17, Dave Crocker <dhc2 at dcrocker.net> wrote:
| On 5/23/2012 5:36 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:
| > Do you count CLI MUA's?
| "CLI"?  command line interface?
|
| > Either mail or Mail had an alias file on Unix is mid '80s. I can't
| > be certain but suspect RAND/MX MAIL did too.
|
| Typically, an alias file is part of the underlying mail infrastructure,
| rather than being a personal address book.

I'm fairly sure I had personal aliases i.e. as things called "aliases" in a
text file consulted my command line mail reader in the 80s. It was
pretty normal to have personal aliases.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Learn from others' mistakes, you won't live long enough to make them all
yourself.       - a saying they tell to all new skydivers