[ih] Historical fiction

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri May 11 17:12:41 PDT 2012

On 5/11/2012 11:34 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
 > ucla had two /91s, the second being carol newton's in biomath, which i
 > used.  but i do not remember that it was connected, other than
 > bisync/rjs to city of hope and other LA area institutions in the late
 > '60s.

It wasn't, at least through the mid-70s.  I was an operator on that
machine until I started at the UCLA Arpanet project.

The Health Sciences 360/91 had less memory but better-trained staff than
the main campus computer.  As I understood it then, it was the
pre-eminent NIH-funded machine in the nation.

d/
--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking