[ih] MAP & BBN

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri May 11 16:40:37 PDT 2012

Alex,

BN wrote a lot of papers, with ARPAs strong

encouragement, about what we did do, and BBN did a lot.  We didn't write
> about what others did- that was up to them.  So if others didn't write so
> much, the written history got kind of BBN-centric.

True enough. Budget and rewards at other institutions were different, so
different priorities.  The RFC archives encode the history of the NWG, but
do not read like a history. The net result (pardon the pun) is that the
accessible history is largely of BBN's and Kleinrock's contributions.  This
list and postel.org exist for the whole community to get the rest of the
history recorded before it's too late.

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com