[ih] Historical fiction

Sytel sytel at shaw.ca
Thu May 10 11:43:46 PDT 2012

Thanks for the great resources! Much appreciated. (Already had seen that Heralds of Resource Sharing video, as a matter of fact-- but it's great to have the link handy.)

I guess what I'm interested in is "zooming in" a little more, if you will. November, 1969, a typical afternoon in room 3420 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/3420boelterhall/5609051340/ ) -- what might people be working on, reading, doing with the computers? What's a test that might be running on the network, and how is it still not quite working right? If something strange happens, who asks who about it? What exciting plans are in the pipeline, what deadlines are looming?
Not that I'm asking for specific answers to all those questions-- they're more examples. Since this is fiction rather than a research report, I'd like to be able to set the scene and get a sense of what it was like to *be* there. I know it's a bit of an unusual and somewhat vague question, but that's probably part of the reason I haven't been able to find much else that approaches it...
Thank you for all the info, though, it's all good to have! I really appreciate all your responses.

Sytel