[ih] Invention of term 'email'

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Jun 19 07:01:47 PDT 2012

>    I agree.  If you'd asked me, I'd have said I'd been using email since
> the mid-70s (grad school days at CMU-CS), but it might have taken
> several years for the term to develop.

Ayyardurai and his colleagues have re-defined the word to suit them, and
they are conducting a professionally organized public relations campaign
with the media naming him as the inventor of it.

 From the articles and interviews concerning Ayyurdai, it's pretty clear
that the precept that none of us has really been using email has not
been striking media folk as patently silly.

d/

ps.  i tossed in 'patently' to contrast with his copyrighting his code.
--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking