[ih] Invention of term 'email'

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Jun 13 14:32:58 PDT 2012

For reference, the word 'invented' is getting bandied about quite a bit
on this email history topic.  For the moment, I suggest ignoring its use
and worrying more about the specific thing being asked.

      When did the term 'email' first get used?  So far, we have no
solid data.

We have very early use of terms like "electronic mail" and "electronic
messaging" but not of the contraction.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker