[ih] XEROX/PUP and Commercialization (was Re: FYI - Gordon Crovitz/WSJ on "Who Really Invented the Internet?")

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Jul 30 05:43:07 PDT 2012

On 7/30/2012 5:04 AM, Craig Partridge wrote:
>> But to riff off of a phrase that Marshall Rose coined -- with enough
>> thrust, pigs /can/ fly -- some of the alternatives would have required
>> planetary levels of thrust.
>
> I think Marshall was riffing off Milo Medin's comment "with enough thrust,
> anything can fly" -- give that Milo was at NASA at the time, I wouldn't be
> surprised if Milo was using an internal NASA idiom.

That's possible, but I see the elaboration as emphasizing quality issues
that are more subtly encoded in Milo's form.

For most IETF-related discussions that might benefit from this type of
comment, they tend to need to be made with directness and force, not
subtlety.

In any event, Marshall's form is more entertaining...

d/
--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking