[ih] Internet History Project (was XEROX/PUP and Commercialization (was Re: FYI - Gordon Crovitz/WSJ on "Who Really Invente

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Thu Jul 26 18:19:17 PDT 2012

On 26 Jul 2012 at 12:36, Dave Crocker wrote:

> In terms of methodology, there is an important difference between
> one-on-one formal interviews of individual principals, versus a
> discussion amongst multiple principals.
>
> I think the latter is likely to do better at getting a view of the
> processes, such as Jack describes, as well as the tensions about the
> history.

Indeed, that's what Andreu Veà did at his get-together [I forget what it
was called.]  Virtually ALL of the folks who worked on ARPAnet and many
who worked on CSNET were there and we were all hashing things out -- for
many, they were working on different parts of the same thing and this
get-together was actually the first time they got to "compare notes" and
see how the pieces fit together.  I know many of you were there...  has
anyone heard if Andreu has made any progress transcribing the discussions
[or if they're available so someone else could]??

  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA