[ih] Internet History Project (was XEROX/PUP and Commercialization (was Re: FYI - Gordon Crovitz/WSJ on "Who Really Invented the Internet?")

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Thu Jul 26 12:36:11 PDT 2012

On 7/26/2012 10:49 AM, Jack Haverty wrote:
> The CBI and others do a good job but they tend to be focused on the
> history of the technology.  I think that "Internet History" should
> encompass more than the technical aspects, but should include how the
> technology came out of the labs and diffused into the larger picture
> to become an infrastructure of humanity.

In terms of methodology, there is an important difference between
one-on-one formal interviews of individual principals, versus a
discussion amongst multiple principals.

I think the latter is likely to do better at getting a view of the
processes, such as Jack describes, as well as the tensions about the
history.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker