[ih] infrastructure history [was: who invented the Internet]

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 09:42:22 PDT 2012

I would go slightly further.  The primary reason most private
corporations were involved was because there was government funding.

If there had not been significant government funding none of them
except possibly Xerox who had its own technology would have been
there.  It was too far outside their planning horizons.