[ih] XEROX/PUP and Commercialization (was Re: FYI - Gordon Crovitz/WSJ on "Who Really Invented the Internet?")

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Jul 25 16:30:09 PDT 2012

subsequent to rfc 675 the term was applied to the collection of
networks we intended to interconnect  - about 1975 there was a big
display put up at ARPA HQ labeled "ARPA Internet" if memory serves.

The TC Program vs TC Protocol arose because I was trying to emulate
NCP (program) even though I think we later referred to Network Control
Protocol.

I do not think the term "internet" was used for anything but TCP/IP
(or just TCP in early days).