[ih] PS -- early browsers with inline images -- summer 1993

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jul 5 14:31:14 PDT 2012

    > From: Larry Press <lpress at csudh.edu>

    > Using my keen ability to predict the future, I dismissed it as Gopher
    > with pictures.

:-)

Don't feel bad, you have lots of company - e.g. when bridges (i.e. level-2
switches) first showed up, I dismissed them to everyone at Proteon (with whom
I was working at the time), saying that 'they act like wires, but they
aren't', and predicted that people would instead have to use routers
everywhere!

And I see in the papers that no less a person than Prof. Hawking just lost a
sizeable bet when the Higgs boson was discovered.

Etc, etc, etc!

	Noel