[ih] Fwd: Before You Were Born: We Were Digitizing Texts

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Dec 19 14:14:49 PST 2012

but not before many here were born :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Library of Congress <loc at service.govdelivery.com>

 Before You Were Born: We Were Digitizing
Texts<http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2012/12/before-you-were-born-we-were-digitizing-texts/>
12/19/2012 01:48 PM EST

We are all pretty familiar with the process of scanning texts to produce
page images and converting them using optical character recognition to
full-text indexing and searching. But electronic texts have a far
older-pedigree. Text digitization in the cultural heritage sector started
in earnest in 1971, when the first Project Gutenberg text — the United [...]

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com