[ih] First file transfer on ARPANET

Alex McKenzie amckenzie3 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 12:18:29 PST 2012

I think possibly the first ARPANET file transfer was carried on by Ben Barker and Danny Cohen, implementing some sort of flight simulation at Harvard.  If I'm correct that would have been not long after the IMP was installed at Harvard sometime in 1970.  Of course this transfer did not use FTP.

Regards,
Alex McKenzie