[ih] 1992 Kobe striptease video?

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Thu Oct 13 08:44:26 PDT 2011

Vint,

There were, indeed, video cameras in operation at the July 1992 IETF
in Cambridge because that was the first meeting where video of some
sessions was transmitted via IP multicast.  (The prior meeting in San
Diego was the first with audio over IP multicast.)  I know that at
some point in the series of media multicasts from IETF we began
recording the video to tape so that we could replay the recording for
remote receivers in other time zones, but I do not recall whether such
recording began with that first video multicast.  I have looked back
through my email regarding the equipment setup for that session, and I
don't see VCRs mentioned.

For a while I was storing a bunch of the VHS tapes from the IETF
meetings that were recorded, but then at one point I turned them all
over to you, Vint, for archiving.

                                                        -- Steve