[ih] Fwd: Memorial for Michael Padlipsky, Boston, Tuesday Nov.15th

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:35:15 PST 2011

FORWARD to IH
Dear Friends of Mike Padlipsky,

As previously heralded, we have arranged a small,  informal, memorial
celebration for Mike. It will be in Brookline, Mass, next Tuesday
evening, after 6pm, at Gunilla's home. I will provide the street
address to those who  RSVP.

As there isn't a specific memorial ceremony for a self-professed
'Semantic Puritan', we'll adapt from the 'Secular Humanist' practice:
a sharing of our cherished MAPhorisms and fondest MAPish remembrances.
We will toast Mike with his beloved single-malt Scotch Whisky. We will
have copies The Book and The Thesis, pictures and maybe even some of
his unpublished poetry (if I can find something appropriate in his
files in time). Gunilla is making a favorite food. Beyond that, any
Padlipskiania memorabilia you might have would be nice to see, and any
fun memories to share.

This message is to be forwarded to the Multicians and Internet History
lists, and among MITRE retirees and MIT classmates as best we can. If
anyone knows whereabouts of Mike's  MITRE colleague and artist friend
John Bean, or his family, or other classmates or local friends, I
would like to contact them too.

with Muted Cheers as Mike would say,

Bill Ricker, Boston
Whisky & Literary Conservator for MAP;
self-appointed memorial committee convener
RSVP to bill.n1vux at gmail.com