[ih] NSFNET/Merit Regional-Techs mailing list archives?

Stephen Woodrow woodrow at csail.mit.edu
Tue Mar 8 23:41:44 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm interested in obtaining a copy of the archives of the NSFNET
Regional-Techs mailing list that predated NANOG's formation in 1994, and
I wanted to check if anyone on this list might know where I should look
or who I should talk to in pursuit of this.

Merit once hosted the archives on an FTP server alluded to at [1]
(the specific URL was [2]), but the URL no longer resolves. I contacted
Merit, but they weren't able to help me. These archives also don't seem
to have been included in NANOG's transition from Merit to NewNOG, which
has led me to ask this list.

In sum, if you know someone who might have mirrored the regional-techs
list archives at some point in the past, I would appreciate hearing from
you. If I am successful in finding the archives, I will pass them on to
NANOG for posterity.

Thanks,
--steve

[1] http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/historical.html
[2] ftp://ftp.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/regional-techs/