[ih] The Internet Plan; was: Ken Olsen's impact on the Internet

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Feb 16 04:34:46 PST 2011

the obvious next thing would be some kind of uniform agreement on
strong authentication of the source of email and protecting contents.
I know about PGP of course, but it's not uniformly implemented and I
think we could usefully try again. Last time we tried, it was called
PEM and suffered from too pure a hierarchy of certificates, I think.