[ih] [IP] EFF calls for signatures from Internet Engineers against censorship

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Tue Dec 20 06:20:36 PST 2011

On 12/20/2011 6:02 AM, John Curran wrote:
> I was noting that SOPA is the type of outcome that occurs when we
> fail to proactively engage governments.

John, the implication of your original note and this latest round is that
opposition constitutes a failure to engage.  The signed opposition note is a
petition.  You might recall a reference to petitioning in the Consitution.

The point that you seem to be missing is that the current bill is being pursued
willfully and is ignoring expert guidance that contradicts the substance of the
bill.

That's just bad technical policy.

The failure is with the sponsors.

d/