[ih] Why is TUBA assigned IP version 9

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 18:03:44 PDT 2010

I have a recollection that the IAB had recommended a v7 prior to the
IPng process, and there was some strange proposal by an even stranger
person that had laid claim to v8, so v9 would have been next in line.

If Ofer's recollection (?) is correct, there were other proposals and
so some numbers must be missing some place for that story to be
correct.

The early IAB proposal skipped v6, which is looking more and more
prescient in a weird sort of way.

Take care,
John