[ih] DNS History

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 17:17:05 PST 2010

X.500 was more an attempt to be Google.  It was viewed by some as the
white and yellow pages.  And after all isn't Google more and more
just elaborate yellow pages?

Archie, Veronica, gopher, and www were all the same kettle of the
fish.  There was little remarkable about the web until it got a
browser.