[ih] History of Network Virtual Terminal (NVT)

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 09:00:56 PST 2010

Actually, my question is who came up with making the protocol symmetrical?

That was the brilliant insight, even more so than the NVT.  Everyone
else saw this problem as an assymmetric terminal to host protocol.
What made Telnet unique and so useful was seeing it as symmetircal.

I stell teach Telnet, not because everyone uses Telnet but as
examples of insightful design.  Also the go-ahead solution for the
same reason.

Take care,
John